|First Appearance||Issue 1|
|Real Name||Jason Quill|
|Abilities||Protective nanite swarm, modified for conscious control.|
Jason Quill is a public figure and hero in Halycion City, known for his membership in the Menagerie.
Jason Quill, son of the world-famous science adventurer Dr. Byron Quill. Jason spent his youth / teens globetrotting in his father's footsteps, along with his Moroccan step-brother Amir, his corgi Brigand, and his CIA bodyguard Rusty. Together they found dinosaurs, fought swamp creatures, defended Earth from aliens, and foiled any number of fiendish plots by Byron Quill's Arch-nemesis, Dr. Achilles Chin.
Oh, and Jason had a cartoon made about him. That can be a bit embarrassing, but the residuals are nice, and he occasionally goes to conventions. On the other hand, he was also the basis of the infamous "NOT NOW, JASON. YOUR BE RIDICULOUS" meme, based on a typographic error in one of the cartoon scripts.
Jason's childhood adventures ended a year ago, when Dr Quill decided Jason needed to finish high school back in Halcyon City, to get some proper socialization and prepare for college. To protect him, he embedded Jason's body with a swarm of prototype nanobots, which would obey Jason's mental commands.
During the very next family outing (the first without Jason), Dr Quill and Rusty were sucked into a dimensional rift opened by Dr Chin - - a rift that also seemingly claimed Chin's life. Amir and Brigand survived, but Amir was left crippled, and is now estranged from Jason. Jason was thrown into a deep depression by both the losses and by his not being there to possibly avert it.
Since then, Jason's life has become more complicated. Jason has learned to wield his nanobots in new ways, and has begun a heroic career of his own. Chin's daughter, Alycia, has sworn vendetta on Jason for her father's death. And Jason has now gotten involved with a super-team.
And that's not even counting dealing with his senior year at Gardner Academy. Or the damage that overuse of the nanobots seems to be causing to Jason's psyche ...
Jason Quill leads a complicated life, and that life is subject to various threats:
- The Nanobot Swarm, designed by Byron as a life-protective device, is gradually diluting his psyche as he pushes his use of it. He is aware of this, but chooses to continue to do so when it's important to his and the team's needs.
- Alycia Chin has vowed vengeance on him as being responsible (or heir to the responsibility) for her father's apparent death.
- The dimensional rift opened by Drs. Chin and Quill, which allowed the Vyortovians to cross over to this world, may have created an existential danger to Jason. Will he vanish like "Iceland" did?
- Rook Industries would like to take over anything of the Quill Organization that it can. It is unclear how far they would go to do so.
- AEGIS would like to secure the artifacts, souvenirs, and other dangerous technology that the Quill Organization has.
[Based on the September 2017 start of the game.]
- June 2016: Quill family returns to Halcyon City after a length string of adventures in Antarctica. The intent is for Jason to stay in town and enroll in Gardner Academy in the fall. Paperwork has all been filled out and arrangements made.
- July 2016: Dr. Quill, Rusty, and Amir jet off to South Africa; the next thing anyone knows, they are in battle with Dr Chin in Washington, DC. In the ensuing event, Chin opens up a dimensional rift (which was supposed to happen inside White House, it is speculated); Dr. Quill and Rusty are sucked in, as are Dr Chin and Chin's silent bodyguard / assassin, Hector Callado. Amir, Jason's adopted brother, manages to barely escape, but is rendered a paraplegic from the dimensional stresses. (Amir also saved Brigand, the corgi, from being lost.)
- August 2016: The school year begins, but Jason opts out. Not even his business manager / trust manager, Barbara Josephs, thinks to insist upon it. Jason studies on his own.
- October 2016: Jason's first public appearance representing the Quill Foundation.
- January 2017: Jason's first forays as a "super-hero" in Halcyon City.
- August 2017: The first attack in the city / on Jason by Alycia Chin (who makes no bones about it being her, and why).
- August 2017: The Team First Comes Together.
- September 2017: People Magazine article (week 1 of 3), his first real media interview aside from some questions thrown at him in more formal settings, Foundation Press Conferences, etc.