Gardner Academy is a private school attended by grades 7-12 in Halcyon City.
It is the secondary education school of choice for both the wealthiest of Halcyon and, as an intentional specialty, the children of "out" metahumans, or youths who are metahuman. These ends are accomplished both by added security (passive and active), and by special Physical Education and related training classes for students with special talents.
While many of its students are from well-to-do families, the school has a robust merit program, funded in part by the Quill Foundation, to bring in kids from all walks of life.
Dress code is somewhat upscale -- collared shirts, no holes in pants, skirts fingertips-plus-3-inches -- held in place largely by social pressure (and countered by same). Uniforms / costumes worn at school are declasse and looked down upon even if (and sometimes even when) they are necessary for life support or military service.
The Gardner school mascot is the Gryphon. This was spelled "Griffin" until the late 1980s, when it became the subject to debate amongst the student body. The spelling was changed when the Chevalier Blanc landed in the center of the football field on his winged mount, during the Homecoming Game against Halcyon South in 1989; the mount, the gryphon Epimacus, whispered the "correct" spelling to the student body president, James Swift, settling the matter once and for all.
- Mr. Franklin (Dept Head: History). He collects toby mugs. He occasionally brings in one or more that he has of people we're learning about, and uses them during the lesson.
- Dr. Schumer (Dept Head: Science). Actually has three papers published in major journals, related to metahuman biogenetics. Nobody's quite sure why she's teaching at the secondary level (love of learning? giving back to the community? eyeing the kids as test subjects?), but Gardner's glad for the added prestige.
- Mr. Hayden (Dept Head: Language Arts). Huge SF nerd. Rumor has it he was also, behind the scenes, ruthless about becoming the department head.
- Cha Kil-yong (Dept Head: Math). All about the hats. He wears the same hat through an entire unit, the idea being that it's a visual cue to related concepts. Also, he likes the hats.
- Mr. Babcock (Chemistry).
- Jim Gosling (English Lit).
- GYRO (Science). A taciturn cyborg who teaches "border science" and metahuman ethics.
The player characters (minus Ghost Girl) are currently attending.
- Angelica (last name unrevealed) 
- Andromeda Fairchild
- Kid Kelvin
- Daphne Palin  - Blonde, caucasian, tall, fit. White tee with big blue butterfly. At Gardner on Meta scholarship, at least 50% of which is via the Quill Foundation.
- Nono Rodriguez
- Pietro the Plasma Prince