|First Appearance||Issue 3; joined team Issue 30|
|Real Name||Alycia Chin|
|Associates||Chin Family: Achilles Chin, Hector Callado|
Friends in Low Places: Finch, Lovelace, Mr. Cane
|Abilities||Martial arts and weapons; access to super-science; criminal contacts; snark|
She has a long and complex history with Jason Quill, and for a few years took up the role of his nemesis, just as her father, Achilles Chin, was the villainous foe of Byron Quill. She warned publicly that she considered Byron to have killed her father during their final confrontation in Washington, DC, and so had declared vengeance on Jason.
Alycia was raised by her father (mother unknown) for most of her life, though there were long periods when she was sent abroad for [education and for her own safety, including at least one known stint at "military school". She occasionally encountered Jason and his step-brother, Amir Quill, in the course of these adventures (see below). These youthful and teen encounters were full of mistrust and antagonism, but rarely any actual violence.
Publicly she was characterized by Jason as "cuckoo"; in private he seemed interested in, at the very least, saving her from her current lifestyle. (See also.)
After Dr. Chin's disappearance in the DC Incident, she was involved in a number of technology theft crimes and terrorist acts (though with no known fatalities), seemingly patterned after her father's work. These were apparently directed toward Alycia rescuing her father. It was unclear if she had taken over whatever organization her father oversaw, or was operating freelance.
After reaching her father in the Sepiaverse, and, with Jason, removing his hyper-genius qualities, she returned to the Prime Earth, participated in battle against the Vyortovians, then surrendered to AEGIS. AEGIS Special Agent Elizabeth Parker has been assigned her handler for future AEGIS purposes. The agency seems interested in using her, not just for information, but as a field asset embedded in the Menagerie. The team has accepted her as a member, even as Jason went to inactive duty.
Using Link's Heart Factory technology, Jason's memory gaps were patched by Alycia's analogous memories of the same events; this process also restored to Alycia most of the emotional content of those memories, which had been suppressed by her father. She has reached something of a rapprochement with Jason -- willing to help him, but unhappy over his quitting the team.
Jason has seen several "copies" of Alycia. It is unclear which of these were operated or created by the real Alycia in some cases.
- Trojan Alycia: He interacted with a holographic Alycia, who was apparently a trojan or projection in the Quill computer system by the real thing.
- Security Cam Alycia: He engaged with a synthesized Alycia via security cam footage of her time working at the Quill Foundation warehouses, gaining insight into her personality. However, this Security Cam Alycia somehow struck down Jason at the end of the synthesis.
- Travelycia: He created Alycia 79 ("Travel Agent Alycia" or "Travelycia") as a conversational companion from a randomly selected AI agent on the Quill computer (which agent usually handles travel arrangement) coupled with biographical and security footage of the real Alycia Chin. She appear to have suborned the Byron Quill Hologram, to the extent of keeping him from reprogramming her.
- Li'lycia: He witnessed Li'lycia, a 10-year-old version, among the crowd at the AEGIS press conference, and later conversed with her; this appears to have been an interaction between Jason's subconscious and his nanobots, drawing on his memories of her and the info gleaned from Security Cam Alycia.
- Ol'ycia: An older version of Alycia Chin, first seen in the Federal City Keynome chamber.
The Alycia Chin of the Sepiaverse was killed by that universe's Byron Quill as part of his war against Achilles Chin.
See also here.
Early Encounters with Jason Quill
Documented / referenced encounters between the (real) Alycia and Jason, prior to the DC Incident.
- Space Station Alpha One: their first encounter, at age 10.
- Amsterdam: both were held captive in brothel that was a front for Nazis; Alycia saved Jason from drowning in a canal, when both were manacled.
- Kazakhstan: both held hostage; after they escaped, the base was destroyed by Dr. Chin and Byron Quill's cooperation, to keep them from being pursued.
- Ayers Rock: Alycia smiled
- Kauai: at sunset; Alycia smiled
- Antarctica: In their most noteworthy encounter, Alycia and Jason were caught on a rubber raft on a river under the Antarctic ice cap, after escaping from a death trap in a lost city there. The two were trapped in the dark for at least two days, before they were rescued by a joint effort of both Dr. Chin and Byron Quill. There was a fair amount of physical contact between them "to preserve body warmth," and some hints of sexual contact.
In the aftermath to Issue 17, Jason discovered that there were a number of other memories regarding Alycia that had been lost, perhaps through intentional meddling by his father, perhaps through the actions of the nanobots. These memories of Jason's include:
... Lhasa, Tibet. Ramoche Temple. Playing tag. ... Kuala Lumpur, arguing favorite books and hearing her demand you read Snow Crash immediately - the same memory you didn't recognize a few minutes ago. ... La Paz, Bolivia. Exploring the Mercado de Brujas for an afternoon. ... a tattered The Aleph and Other Stories in the mail on your twelfth birthday. ... a signed copy of Barry Ween, Boy Genius on your thirteenth.
There have also been multiple references to an early meeting in the Amazon, that involved a Monkey with a Hat. This has also been referred to as their "first" encounter.
Jason's lost memories have been subsequently restored through a memory patch from Alycia.
- The Jason Quill Videos - has a number of videos and text pieces related to the above.
- A discussion between the Byron Quill Hologram and Travelycia.
- 28.5 Vignettes from the Sepiaverse - Discussions between Jason and Alycia.
- 27.3 The Prisoner (Part 1) - Alycia's initial interrogation by AEGIS.
- 27.6 The Prisoner (Part 2) - AEGIS discussions about Alycia's interrogation.
- The Naming Thread - Alycia considers code names, and meets Agent Parker.
- 28.6 Cluster - AEGIS gets the go-ahead to insert Alycia into the Menagerie.
- 28.61 Bored Now - Alycia amuses herself in prison; Alycia recalls a mission that disappointed her father.
- 29.2 First Day of School - Reflections on past schooling received by Alycia.
- 29.5 When Starts the Semester! (Alycia's Tale) - Issue recap from her PoV.
- 30.1 Valediction - Alycia reacts to Jason's retirement.